Buncombe Creek is primarily open from April through September. A few campsites are available after September, but for the most part the park is closed. After November, the restroom facilities and the water hookups are no longer available.
This park is heavily treed and has a lot of great campsites on the lake or with great lake views. Buncombe Creek has 54 campsites and all have water and electrical hookups. If you are looking for a great place to camp on the Oklahoma side of Lake Texoma, Buncombe Creek is a great spot to do so.
- Boat Ramps
- Drinking Water
- Dump Station
- Entrance Station
- Flush Toilets
- Pit Toilets
- Vault Toilets
Buncombe Creek is wonderful for tent camping or RV camping. The campsites have large gravel tent pads, picnic tables, and fire rings. Some of the campsites are right on the water. There is a nice hiking trail located within the park as well as a group pavilion area.
There are three main areas for camping – A, B, and C. The “C” area is the farthest from the entrance, but has the nicer restrooms with showers.
Buncombe Creek Marina is nearby should you forget anything for your trip. There is also a restaurant there if you need a place to go for dinner. There are some very good striper fishing guides that operate out of the marina.
Rules for Buncombe Creek include:
• All vehicles must be street legal and operated by a licensed driver.
• Extra vehicle parking areas are limited to vehicles and/or vehicles with boat trailers only.
• Operation or parking of vehicles off/roadways is prohibited.
• Camping is permitted at designated sites only.
• All camping permits are to be obtained at the entrance gate as soon as a campsite has been selected and the camping unit placed on the site.
• Check-out time is 4:00 pm. Camping permits must be renewed at or before check-out time.
• Only one RV per electric site.
• Reserve your site, Group site, or Shelter by calling 877/444-6777.
• Campfires are permitted only in fire rings provided at each site. No ground fires are permitted.
• Use of Senior/Golden Age and Access/Golden Access Pass requires the person to whom the card is issued to occupy the campsite.
• Misuse of the Senior/Golden Age or Access card will not be tolerated. All violators will be referred to the U.S. Magistrate.
• Camping beyond the 14 day limit without written approval from a Park Ranger is prohibited.
• Campsites must be free of litter at all times. Dumpsters are provided for trash.
• The discharge of any wastewater including water from sinks and showers (gray water) onto the ground is prohibited.
PETS AND ANIMALS
• Pets must be leashed at all times.
• Pets are prohibited in designated swimming areas.
• Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m.
• Entrance gate is locked at 10 p.m. No vehicles will be allowed to enter the park during quiet hours, you may leave at any time.
This is another great park and campground on Lake Texoma. If you enjoy camping or the outdoors, Buncombe Creek is a great place to visit. For reservations please visit Recreation.gov.
15824 West Buncombe Creek Road
Kingston OK 73439
Full Lake Texoma Park Listings