Burns Run West
Burns Run West
West Burns Run is a great park and campground, but is open only from April 1st to September 30th each year. This campground is located on the southeast side of Lake Texoma just off the north end of the dam. The campground is located four miles east of Cartwright, Oklahoma and just 11 miles northeast of Denison, Texas.
West Burns Run is heavily treed with plenty of shade from the post and blackjack oak trees. There are 117 family campsites, 105 of which have electrical and water hookups. Both RV camping and tent camping is available. There are 5 group campsites available.
- Boat Ramp
- Drinking Water
- Dump Station
- Entrance Station
- Flush Toilets
- Picnic Area
- Pit Toilets
- Swimming beach
- Vault Toilets
This is one of the best campgrounds on the lake with many sites available right on Lake Texoma. Fees for this campground are $15 for non-electric sites and $20 for electric sites. The restrooms in this campground are also very nice. Views of the lake are great throughout the campground and the many trees provide plenty of shade for camping on those warm Oklahoma days.
To reserve a campsite on West Burns Run please visit Recreation.gov.
Address Burns Run West:
825 West Burns Road
Cartwright OK 74731
Rules for West Burns Run
• Camping is permitted at designated sites only.
• All camping permits are to be obtained at the entrance gate as soon as a campsite has been selected and the camping unit placed on the site.
• Check-out time is 4:00 pm. Camping permits must be renewed at or before check-out time.
• Only one RV per electric site.
• Reserve your site, Group site, or Shelter by calling 877/444-6777.
• Campfires are permitted only in fire rings provided at each site. No ground fires are permitted.
• Use of Senior/Golden Age and Access/Golden Access Pass requires the person to whom the card is issued to occupy the campsite. • Misuse of the Senior/Golden Age or Access card will not be tolerated. All violators will be referred to the U.S. Magistrate.
• Camping beyond the 14 day limit without written approval from a Park Ranger is prohibited.
• Campsites must be free of litter at all times. Dumpsters are provided for trash.
• The discharge of any wastewater including water from sinks and showers (gray water) onto the ground is prohibited.
PETS AND ANIMALS
• Pets must be leashed at all times.
• Pets are prohibited in designated swimming areas.
• Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m.
• Entrance gate is locked at 10 p.m. No vehicles will be allowed to enter the park during quiet hours, you may leave at any time.